HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Obama Leads Romney in Key...

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:15 PM

Obama Leads Romney in Key Swing States

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/03/09/obama_leads_romney_in_key_swing_states.html

Obama Leads Romney in Key Swing States

A new Rasmussen survey shows President Obama now holds a modest lead over Mitt Romney in combined polling of the key swing states Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia, 46% to 42%.

In late February they were tied.

8 replies, 1500 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama Leads Romney in Key Swing States (Original post)
babylonsister Mar 2012 OP
liberal N proud Mar 2012 #1
SlimJimmy Mar 2012 #2
Mr.Turnip Mar 2012 #3
SlimJimmy Mar 2012 #5
Alexander Mar 2012 #6
Drunken Irishman Mar 2012 #4
Proud Liberal Dem Mar 2012 #7
Tarheel_Dem Mar 2012 #8

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:18 PM

1. The Core Four

From listening to conservatives here (Ohio), it sounds like they have already given up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:25 PM

2. Not to rain on the parade here, but Rasmussen also reports this:

In a hypothetical 2012 matchup, Mitt Romney now leads President Obama 47% to 45%. If Rick Santorum is the Republican nominee, the president leads 47% to 44%. Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). See tracking history for Obama vs. all four Republican candidates.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

I keep saying that this is not going to be a slam dunk for the President. Get out the vote, don't let up.

Reply to this post

Response to SlimJimmy (Reply #2)

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:28 PM

3. their tracking poll is all over the place these days.

has wild swings daily sometimes.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr.Turnip (Reply #3)

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:56 PM

5. Agreed. My point was more about not trying to push one poll while ignoring others. It tends to get

us in trouble when we do that. I also agree with the other poster that combined polls are basically worthless.

Reply to this post

Response to SlimJimmy (Reply #5)

Sat Mar 10, 2012, 07:32 AM

6. Rasmussen's poll numbers are generally biased towards Republicans.

There were quite a few analyses from 2008 and 2010 showing that Rasmussen polls consistently overestimated support for Republicans.

I see your point, but it's worth mentioning that some pollsters are legitimately more accurate than others. PPP has been pretty spot-on as far as 2012 is concerned.

I also agree that combined polls don't mean much, although it's better than nothing.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 9, 2012, 02:29 PM

4. Sorry, but these people need to stop doing combined polling...

It means a lick to me. Gallup does the same thing. Just give me the individual state numbers and don't clump them together. Who cares if he leads in the combined states? Like I said back when he was tied (and trailing in the Gallup), he doesn't need to win every swing state to win the election.

I'll say this, though, the fact he's leading in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Virginia, since he only needs to win, really, just one of those states, is good news. Still, I'd like state numbers.

Reply to this post

Sat Mar 10, 2012, 11:11 AM

7. That's great!

Now, let's not get cocky!!! Let's also not forget the downticket races either. The GOP Tea Party sure ain't going to, particularly since a lot of the *smart* ones have pretty much given up on the prospect of winning the WH this year with their "calvacade of clowns"!

Reply to this post

Sat Mar 10, 2012, 03:40 PM

8. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread