HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Ryan Struggles to Sell Ta...

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 12:55 PM

Ryan Struggles to Sell Tax Reform to His Own Party

February 17, 2017By Taegan Goddard

“Paul Ryan showed up to Senate Republicans’ weekly lunch on Tuesday hoping to salvage a controversial pillar of his tax reform plan that would change how imports and exports are taxed,” Politico reports.

The next day, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) took to the Senate floor to slam Ryan’s so-called “border adjustment tax,” saying “some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them.”

“The sequence was an ominous sign for a linchpin of Ryan’s tax plan — and perhaps for the prospects of tax reform happening at all. The border adjustment tax would generate more than a trillion dollars over a decade; there’s no obvious way to replace that money, which is needed to help pay for a steep cut in corporate and income taxes.”

###

https://politicalwire.com/2017/02/17/ryan-struggles-sell-tax-reform-party/

2 replies, 411 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ryan Struggles to Sell Tax Reform to His Own Party (Original post)
DonViejo Feb 17 OP
procon Feb 17 #1
Skittles Feb 17 #2

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 01:09 PM

1. I'd never call Ryan an "intellectual", a conman, huckster, snake oil peddler, yeah.

He's a useful idiot who gets is "ideas" from Jim DeMint's Heritage Foundation, the Koch Bros., and ALEX, so you know he's just babbling more trickle down BS that will ripoff wager earners and enrich the rich.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 01:44 PM

2. fuck that little worm

I hope these assholes pay for supporting TREASON

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread