HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Chavez Seeks Leave to Fly...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 03:45 PM

Chavez Seeks Leave to Fly to Cuba for More Cancer Treatment

Source: Bloomberg

Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez is planning a sixth trip to Cuba this year to continue his treatment for cancer ahead of elections in October, fueling speculation his health is deteriorating.

The National Assembly will hold an emergency session at 2 p.m. in Caracas to vote on whether to grant him leave to absent himself from the country for more than five days, according to a press release published on its website. On previous occasions, Congress has voted unanimously in favor.

Since announcing in February he would require a third operation to remove a second tumor from his pelvic area, Chavez has spent more time in Cuba than Venezuela, while insisting he’ll recover in time to campaign for another six years in office. His absences have sparked a rally in Venezuelan bonds on speculation his illness will lead to a change in government and policies that have stoked inflation and driven away investment.

Chavez has refused to say what kind of cancer he has, where it’s located or give his prognosis.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-30/chavez-seeks-permission-to-fly-to-cuba-for-more-cancer-treatment.html

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

2 replies, 1149 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chavez Seeks Leave to Fly to Cuba for More Cancer Treatment (Original post)
hack89 Apr 2012 OP
hlthe2b Apr 2012 #1
bluestateguy Apr 2012 #2

Response to hack89 (Original post)

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 03:50 PM

1. An observation: A US-declared "strong man DICTATOR" must REQUEST leave of absence

to come to Cuba for additional cancer therapy? Huh?

But, no, I'd certainly not wish him to suffer or anyone else from cancer.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hack89 (Original post)

Mon Apr 30, 2012, 03:51 PM

2. Agreed

I am not a Chavez fan, but he is the democratically elected people's choice and the Venezuelan people love him.

I wish him a full recovery.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread